EP Elektrárňa Piešťany
The national cultural monument, the former municipal fuel oil power plant, was built in 1906. In 2009, the company Západoslovenská energetika a.s. (Gas supplier company), decided to revitalize it for wider social use to support, in particular, the development of science and technology education for children and young people.
The winning project of the student architectural competition was announced in 2008 and Phd. students Michal Ganobjak and Vladimír Hainled by doc. Ing. Eva Kráľová, PhD. from the Faculty of Architecture and Design in Slovak Technical University in Bratislava won the competition. Except for obtaing the chance for realization, the projectal so gained wide international recognition at exhibitions abroad.
The project wasde veloped and realised by the team of the architectural studio DF CREATIVE GROUP s.r.o. under the leadership of Ing. arch. Martin Paško and Ing. arch. Zuzana Zacharová.
The realization of the first stage took place in the period from May 2012 to May 2014.
Since September 2014, it has opened its premises to young people and the general public.